If you give a hungry man a fish, you feed him for a day...
The Chinese philosopher Lao Tsu said:
If you give a hungry man a fish, you feed him for a day, but if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
Mid Ulster District Council and the Northern Health and Social Care Trust have developed The Slow Cooker Cook Book as:
…a step-by-step guide to support you and your family to make healthier meals based on the Eatwell Guide.
At Antrim Foodbank, we want to be able to empower our service users. Recent donations of slow cookers and blenders from Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council got us thinking:
What if we could build up a bank of recipes using the ingredients in a typical food parcel and share them with the world?
- The knowledge through our team of volunteers and supporters.
- The technology through our website and social media.
What we need to do is to combine the two. This is where you come in!
- What is contained in a food parcel?
- The simplicity of slow cooking and blending alongside more mainstream methods.
- How you would make a nutritious meal using just those food parcel contents.
- Your recipe ideas
- Include some pics too!
- Share on Social Media – remember to tag @antrimfoodbank
We want to develop a new section on our website to share your recipe ideas and help build a #HungerFreeFuture.