"...teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime."
The Chinese philosopher Lao Tsu said:
If you give a hungry man a fish, you feed him for a day, but if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
BBC Food has some great recipe ideas to get you started:
- Bean and rice burrito (V)
- Chicken cacciatore with potatoes
- Easy spaghetti bolognese
- Homemade falafels with salad and pitta bread (V)
- Onion soup with Gruyère croutons (V)
- Pork-stuffed cabbage rolls
- Root vegetable Thai curry (V)
- Spiced tuna patties with crushed black olives and spring onion flatbread
- Sweetcorn fritters with crispy bacon and tomatoes
- Tuna, rocket and lemon pasta
Mid Ulster District Council and the Northern Health and Social Care Trust have also developed The Slow Cooker Cook Book as:
…a step-by-step guide to support you and your family to make healthier meals based on the Eatwell Guide.